Tuesday 26 May 2015

Take it Easel-y


Hello all! - time for another challenge at Tiddly Inks, here's my shaker easel card using Friends make Life Sweeter.

This took a whole day to make!!  It's my niece's birthday card, so it was a labour of love!

 I made the background with a wash of Kingfisher and Sea Green Aqua markers on watercolour card. I splashed it with Mister Huey's pearlescent spray, and then dabbed flowers in the centre of the splashes using my Begonia Aqua Marker.  It's cut to 5"x7".  Background done!

I added some sequins and Stickles before gluing the frame on

I opened the digi-stamp in my Silhouette and cut the base card with the dragons - this creates the easel stopper.  It's sized at 10"x 7" and scored along the bottom of the dragons.  The other folds along the base are at 3.5" and 7.5" from the bottom.  I placed my background on the easel and stuck it in place.  Card base done!

I used the fairy to create my shaker frame, with the print and cut facility in my Silhouette. I usually colour up my images before cutting.  I cut and coloured the dragons separately and glued them to the card base.



Here's my colours for this card:

Dragons - Promarkers: Duck Egg, Cool Aqua, Pastel Blue
Grass : Copic :G02 G17 Aqua Marker: Begonia
Fairy Skin: Copic E000 E00 E21 E11 E04
Fairy Hair: Copic E43 E53 E57
Dress and Candy : Spectrum Noir: CR5 CR6 PP5 Copic RV13 Aqua Marker : Begonia
Other : Copic : G000 B000 B60  Spectrum Noir : IG1 IG2 IG6

I sprinkled sequins on the background, and some stickles.  I glued acetate to the back of my frame, surrounded it with foam tape and stuck it onto my background; then glued the shaker to the easel base. Card Done!


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I adore your choice of colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice card! Love the dragons you used as the stopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A shaker easel with a homemade background - wowzers!! So awesome! Your niece is going to adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! This is such a sweet scene! Magical!!
    It make have taken you all day, but, well worth it.
    FABulous colours too
    ., I don't know how you did this in Silhouette. but, I sure do LOVE IT.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete