Sunday 14 December 2014

Winter Friends

Here's my niece's Christmas Card, which I made with the Spectrum Noir December Challenge in mind. Clean and Simple is the theme, and I originally intended to place my coloured image onto a white background, but I didn't like the finished look, so I've added some patterned paper behind my snowdrifts. It was a bit of a nightmare as I had already coloured my pic! I usually match my colours to my paper...But I like the finished result. Does anyone ever stick to their original plan? - My cards always seem to evolve into something different!

The card base is Centura Pearl, which I cut on my Silhouette with a extended version of the tealight card (see below). I had to make a larger size to fit all the choccies in!  Luckily there was a few leftover :)

I have used only Spectrum Noir pens and pencils to colour my Wee Stamps digi - Winter Friends. The best thing about Spectrum Noir is that the colours are so vibrant.  The colour families make it easy to blend, and you can't fault the price.

Hair -TN2,4,9 and pencils 90,94
Skin -TN2, FS1,3,7
Coat - DR7 CR4,9
Boots - JG1,3,7 and pencil 52
Animals - IG family, FS7 and pencil 120
Accessories - GB1,4 OR1

Here's a close up -

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment