Friday 27 February 2015

Cardmaking Photos

I love making cards, and more often than not I like the finished result.  Until I take a photo.

I know my photography skills are lacking, but I also find that photos hilight flaws that I hadn't noticed.  Not necessarily unwanted blobs of glue, or wonky layers, but flaws in the layout or design.

I made this card a few days ago with my latest stampin up goodies, but I didn't like it so much once I took the photo.
Original Card

I've edited the card in photoshop and it looks a bit different now :

Photoshopped to remove some elements


I think I like the second layout better, so I might have another go at this card!

I have to say I do like hybrid crafting, using my computer to help me craft, with Serif or the Silhouette.  So now I think I am going to use photography a bit more to help me make better cards :)

4 comments:

  1. I HATE taking photos but yours look great. Super card too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully I'll improve with time and practice :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate! I saw your post in Kit and Clowder. I'm thrilled to be your first follower! I'd love if you checked out my blog:)
    hugs, Bonnie
    http://thiscreativeday.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have visited your blog it's lovely! :)

      Delete