Wednesday 18 February 2015

Textures and Colours

I've lots going on with this card, contrasting colours - orange, green and purple, plus textures with paper flowers, gilding wax and I've stamped and coloured on core-dinations paper for even more texture.  I'm nit sure if I love this card or not - sometimes it's hard o decide when youv'e spent ages on a card.  My mum will love it though - that's the main thing.  She will know how much time and thought went into it - that's the beauty of giving handmade cards and gifts :)
Change colour with distress inks
Mmmm....Shiny!

I used Kraft Core-dinations, embossed with the Hessian Textures folder from Crafter's Companion.  I coloured it first with distress inks, the original shade of green was a bit too bright. Once embossed I coloured again with Distress Inks and buffed with Creative Expressions Golden Green Gilding Wax.

I wanted to leave the the centre un-embossed, so I used a Tonic die to cut my centre shape from thick board (saved from the back of A4 pad). I ran the sandwich through my Grand Calibur (B plate, folder, cardboard then raspberry plate).  I experimented first with my sandwich to get it just right!  Sometimes even just a sheet of copier paper added to the sandwich can make all the difference.I used a die from the same Tonic Set (Baroque Ovals) to cut the inset pattern. I placed a contrasting colourof the Kraft card behind.  


The word 'mum' is cut using the Silhouette.  I wanted the letters to be wide enough to stamp on. I've used the Stampin Up "I Like You" hostess set to stamp with, and coloured with my Spectrum Noir Pencils.  I've just stamped halfway up each letter for a bit of a different look.  The texture of the paper comes through & looks lovely. The Butterflies and Swirls are all from the same Tattered Lace Butterfly Vine Die.  This is a really versatile die to snip into.


Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord
The paper flowers are all coloured with Distress Stains. You can also use alcohol markers, but the mulberry paper really drinks up the ink.  

I've also stamped the inside of the card and used the Tonic die to match the front.





Don't neglect the inside of your cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment